[Freeipa-users] sudo !requiretty !authenticate

Craig White CWhite at skytouchtechnology.com
Wed Jan 7 17:32:27 UTC 2015

Still struggling with this...

$ sudo /sbin/service pe-puppet restart
 [sudo] password for rundeck:
Stopping puppet:                                           [  OK  ]
Starting puppet:                                           [  OK  ]

So it asks for the password even though, via FreeIPA it isn't required...

$ sudo -l
Matching Defaults entries for rundeck on this host:
    requiretty, !visiblepw, always_set_home, env_reset, env_keep="COLORS
    DISPLAY HOSTNAME HISTSIZE INPUTRC KDEDIR LS_COLORS", env_keep+="MAIL PS1
    PS2 QTDIR USERNAME LANG LC_ADDRESS LC_CTYPE", env_keep+="LC_COLLATE
    LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_MEASUREMENT LC_MESSAGES", env_keep+="LC_MONETARY
    LC_NAME LC_NUMERIC LC_PAPER LC_TELEPHONE", env_keep+="LC_TIME LC_ALL
    LANGUAGE LINGUAS _XKB_CHARSET XAUTHORITY",
    secure_path=/sbin\:/bin\:/usr/sbin\:/usr/bin

User rundeck may run the following commands on this host:
    (root) ALL
    (ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

And all of the info is provided previously/below that should be needed including the sudo debug log in yesterday's email if anyone has the time to help me figure out what is going wrong here.