[Freeipa-users] Replica Server's ipactl does not control named after reinstallation

Sina Owolabi notify.sina at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 19:23:09 UTC 2015

Hi List,

I've seen this happen on two occasions, now, in two different
environments, one with RHEL6.6 and RHEL 6.3.

I have issues with a replica sever, I delete the replication
agreement, remove the server from ipa dns, run ipa-server-install
--uninstall -U.
Reboot the server, create new replication settings from the existing
master, and restore the replica.
Running ipactl status, I see:

 ipactl status
Directory Service: RUNNING
KDC Service: RUNNING
KPASSWD Service: RUNNING
MEMCACHE Service: RUNNING
HTTP Service: RUNNING

No DNS service listed. Named is not running.

ipactl restart
Restarting Directory Service
Shutting down dirsrv:
    MYDOM-COM...                                    [  OK  ]
Starting dirsrv:
    MYDOM-COM...                                    [  OK  ]
Restarting KDC Service
Stopping Kerberos 5 KDC:                                   [  OK  ]
Starting Kerberos 5 KDC:                                   [  OK  ]
Restarting KPASSWD Service
Stopping Kerberos 5 Admin Server:                          [  OK  ]
Starting Kerberos 5 Admin Server:                          [  OK  ]
Restarting MEMCACHE Service
Stopping ipa_memcached:                                    [  OK  ]
Starting ipa_memcached:                                    [  OK  ]
Restarting HTTP Service
Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting httpd:                                            [  OK  ]

Checking on named:
 service named status
rndc: connect failed: 127.0.0.1#953: connection refused
named is stopped
# service named start
Starting named:                                            [  OK  ]
# service named status
version: 9.8.2rc1-RedHat-9.8.2-0.23.rc1.el6_5.1
CPUs found: 2
worker threads: 2
number of zones: 19
debug level: 0
xfers running: 0
xfers deferred: 0
soa queries in progress: 0
query logging is OFF
recursive clients: 0/0/1000
tcp clients: 0/100
server is up and running
named (pid  25017) is running...

But it does not resolve. Please what is happening and how can I fix this?
I don't know what logs to provide, but please let me know what is
necessary and I'll make them available.

Thanks!