[Freeipa-users] Adding/Editing Users/Groups with the same name

Myles Merrell gutter007 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 15:35:16 UTC 2015

I'm trying to add a 'backup' user AND a 'backup' group.
At one point in the past a backup group did exist.
I have a backup group.  I then try to create a new user and get the following error:IPA Error 4024Unable to create private group. A group 'backup' already exists.

I also tried creating the backup user first then the group, and I get:IPA Error 4002group with name "backup" already exists

How do I create a backup user and backup group, and if not why?
thanks.myles.