[Freeipa-users] Problems with ntpd when running FreeIPA in a Docker container

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 08:25:08 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 09:06:54AM +0100, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:

> >> I'm continuing to debug this, but I thought I'd share my findings thus
> >> far in case anyone else has seen this or has any ideas for tracking the
> >> problem down.  Any ideas?
> >
> >You need to use --cap-add=SYS_TIME when running the server container
> >or ntpd will fail.
>
> Could you add this important information to the
> https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/adelton/freeipa-server/?

As mentioned, it will not help you due to SELinux, so at this point
I'd rather have people notified that the time sync does not happen
than to have false assumptions.

I'll update the git repo README / image documentation once we know
what exactly the plan with SELinux and situation with Fedora 21
client blocking are. It is something I work on right now.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat