[Freeipa-users] Can I revert back the hostname on client

Rakesh Rajasekharan rakesh.rajasekharan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 16:49:56 UTC 2015

>>What doesn't work?
We have glassfish running on few of the hosts. That refuses to restart
after the hostname change. ( However, looks like someone found a way out).
I did not face issues with that today. So, that I guess is pretty much
fixable.
Apart from that, At the moment we do not see any other issues.
The only issue I can think is incase you have your scripts/applications
referring to your machine with its host-names instead of IP wont that cause
a problem?

>>You can tell SSSD to use a different hostname instead of the one the host
actually uses.
>>See SSSD man pages for that.
>>You might also need to do a similar thing with krb5.conf by setting
dns_canonicalize_hostname and make sure your DNS can actually resolve the
short >>hostnames to FQDNs

Will give this a try.