[Freeipa-users] IPA Replication Questions

John Stein tde3000 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 05:56:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

Looking at the documentation, I've found no examples of creating
replication agreement with only one server.

What I assume needs to be done is this:
For each replica, run ipa-replica-prepare and follow the documentation.
This creates replication agreements between two nodes.
>From there, I should use ipa-replica-manage to add replication agreements
to whichever nodes I want that were not the original two.

For instance: from server1 I run ipa-replica-prepare to prepare the files
for server2 and server3 and then run ipa-replica-install on them with their
respective files.
So my replication agreements are
s1 <-> s2
s1 <-> s3
 After that I use ipa-replica-manage to create trust between server2 and
server3.

Am I right?

Thank you,
John