[Freeipa-users] DNS configuration for not resolving some addresses

Martin Basti mbasti at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 14:09:00 UTC 2015

On 08/07/15 14:26, Karl Forner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When using my freeIPA DNS name server for my domain example.test, I
> need to exclude some names from the server( to be forwarded to the DNS
> forwarder for instance.
>
> For example, I'd like foo.example.test not to be resolved, but forwarded.
> How could I implement this ?
>
> Thanks.
> Karl Forner

Hello,

If you plan to forward whole subzone, you can use forward zones in IPA.

example.test -- master zone
foo.example.test -- forward zones

which IPA version o IPA do you have?
If IPA > 4.0, than you can use ipa dnsforwardzone-add command.
Otherwise dnszone-add with --forwarder option

Do not forget to add proper NS delegation for all sub zones from parent
zone.
For example: ipa dnsrecord-add example.test. test --ns-rec=ipa.example.test.

--
Martin Basti