[Freeipa-users] DNS configuration for not resolving some addresses

Karl Forner karl.forner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 14:28:32 UTC 2015

Okay, but DNS doesn't work in that way. Zone example.test. is
authoritative, so it must contain the record or delegation or NXDOMAIN is
returned. You cannot have multiple authoritative copies of one zone with
different data.

> The best solution would be to have only internal.example.test. zone
> managed by IPA, and add delegation to this zone into example.test.

Ok I understand. But in this setting, how would I implement the lookup so
that internally, ipa.example.test would resolve to
ipa.internal.example.test (internal IP), and externally to the external IP ?

thanks