[Freeipa-users] DNS configuration for not resolving some addresses

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 14:50:33 UTC 2015

On 8.7.2015 16:32, Karl Forner wrote:
> Thanks Petr.
>
> My use case is: we have scripts that connect to some services, let's say a
> docker registry.
> I want these scripts to be work either internally or externally, without
> changing the URLs.
> What would the best or easiest setting to achieve this ?

Personally I use config file for this. I.e. the script is the same and URLs,
names, passwords, etc. are read from config file stored alongside the script.

This allows me to test it easily without any changes in DNS or system-wide
configuration like /etc/hosts.

Yes, it requires more code, but in long-term it is way more debug-able than
DNS tricks.

Petr^2 Spacek