[Freeipa-users] Multiple CA certificates

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Fri Jul 10 06:47:28 UTC 2015

On 07/09/2015 01:25 PM, Joseph, Matthew (EXP) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are currently in the process of replacing our IdM 3.x server with 4.x.
>
> There are going to be some major directory changes during the upgrade so I need
> to keep both the old and new IdM servers up and running separately.

This dangerous. I am not sure what platform do you use, but if you are using
RHEL or CentOS, the general migration procedure to IdM 4.x (i.e. RHEL-7.0+) is
to simply create RHEL-7 replicas for your RHEL-6 servers and deprecate the old
ones.

In case you do some split brain migration, where old and new IdM live
separately, you may hit problems.

More info here:
https://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Migration