[Freeipa-users] ipa client on ubuntu and sudo rules

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Fri Jul 10 15:18:47 UTC 2015

On (10/07/15 16:19), Karl Forner wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I setup an ubuntu client for freeIPA 4.1.4, and sudo rules do not seem to
>work.
>I then realized that I used ipa-client-install version 3.3.4.
>Is this a plausible cause ?
>And if so, where can I get a more recent version for ubuntu/debian ?
Never version of ipa-client configures sssd integration with sudo by default.
Please follow intructions from manual page sssd-sudo and you should be able
to configure it yourself. Different version of sssd requires different
configuration with ipa provider.

IIRC sssd > 1.10 nas native ipa sudo provider so you need't to
configure sudo ldap provider with IPA. That's the reason why it's better to
follow instruction form man page sssd-sudo.

LS