[Freeipa-users] Force IPA client Reverse Zone Dynamic Updates

Sina Owolabi notify.sina at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:58:15 UTC 2015

Hi Martin

Yes all my sssd configs are set ipa_dyndns_update = True
I didn't have --allow-sync-ptr=TRUE in all the forward zones so I set them.
I've tried to set it in the very first zone (setup during
installation) but dnszone-mod complains:

# ipa dnszone-mod mydom.com --allow-sync-ptr=TRUE --dynamic-update=TRUE
ipa: ERROR: no modifications to be performed

But I don't see it in the show command:

 ipa dnszone-show mydom.com
  Zone name: mydom.com.
  Active zone: TRUE
  Authoritative nameserver: services.mydom.com.
  Administrator e-mail address: hostmaster.mydom.com.
  SOA serial: 1436799166
  SOA refresh: 3600
  SOA retry: 900
  SOA expire: 1209600