[Freeipa-users] freeipa and User Private Groups

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Tue Jul 14 08:42:23 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 09:11:09AM +0000, Les Stott wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Running ipa-3.0.0-42.el6 and sssd-1.11.6-30.el6_6.3.x86_64
>
> So, by default, when you create a user in freeipa, That user will be set to have a primary group that is hidden and not a POSIX group.
>
> This means that when the user logs in to a host, they will see something like...
>
> id: cannot find name for group ID <group_number>

It is not expected to not be able to return the name of the user group
and I don't see that in my setup. I was suspecting rhbz#1165074 but your
sssd should already have that bug fixed.

Can you see if the packages from
    https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/lslebodn/sssd-1-12/
also show that behaviour?

If yes, can you get us sssd logs as described here:
    https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Troubleshooting