[Freeipa-users] reverse lookup dns records in trust setup

John Stein tde3000 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 13:19:17 UTC 2015

Hi,

What I meant was that the IPA server is managing two zones:

Linux.john.com
Which has these records
Ipa1 A 192.168.0.140
client1 A 192.168.0.11

0.168.192.in-addr.arpa.
Which has these records
11 PTR client1.linux.john.com
@ NS ipa1.linux.john.com

In the AD
forward lookup zones
>John.com
>>linux
(Same as parent folder) NS ipa1.linux.john.com

Anything more that's unclear?

Thank you very much!
John