[Freeipa-users] sudo environmental variables

Megan . nagemnna at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 19:32:37 UTC 2015

Good Afternoon,

I am struggling with sudo and environmental variables.  I feel like i'm
missing something silly and just need another set of eyes.

I have a situation where i need a user(userA) to run a script using sudo as
another user (userB).  I want to use some environmental variables from
userB (script owner) for the purpose of the script.  Specifically $PATH and
HTTP_PROXY.  I have the PATH and HTTP_PROXY set in /home/userB/.bashrc but
when userA uses sudo -u userB script it doesn't pickup those environmental
variables.  I tried using the sudo options and set env_keep+="HTTP_PROXY"
and that still didn't work.  The only thing i found worked so far was
adding.  i've also tried the sudo -i option and that fails.

Thanks in advance.

[megantest at tools-dit ~]$ sudo -ll
Matching Defaults entries for megantest on this host:
    requiretty, !visiblepw, always_set_home, env_reset, env_keep="COLORS
DISPLAY HOSTNAME
    HISTSIZE INPUTRC KDEDIR LS_COLORS", env_keep+="MAIL PS1 PS2 QTDIR
USERNAME LANG
    LC_ADDRESS LC_CTYPE", env_keep+="LC_COLLATE LC_IDENTIFICATION
LC_MEASUREMENT
    LC_MESSAGES", env_keep+="LC_MONETARY LC_NAME LC_NUMERIC LC_PAPER
LC_TELEPHONE",
    env_keep+="LC_TIME LC_ALL LANGUAGE LINGUAS _XKB_CHARSET XAUTHORITY",
    secure_path=/sbin\:/bin\:/usr/sbin\:/usr/bin, passprompt="Enter RSA
PIN+token:"

User megantest may run the following commands on this host:

SSSD Role: script_testing
    RunAsUsers: testuser
    Commands:
/home/testuser/script.sh