[Freeipa-users] Rename or not to rename (packages only)? freeipa-server -> ipa-server?

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Fri Jul 17 11:57:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

(writing this offline, so maybe my reply is moot...)

On Freitag, 17. Juli 2015, Petr Spacek wrote:
> Are there any reasons not to rename freeipa-* *packages* to ipa-*?

yes: in Debian and Ubuntu the packages are named freeipa-* as well, so let me
phrase your question differently: are there any reasons not to rename ipa-*
*packages* to freeipa-*? :-)

> Naturally name of project would still be FreeIPA :-)

which would also have the nice benefit of matching the project name!

cheers,
	Holger