[Freeipa-users] Sync useradd from IPA to AD

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Jul 20 15:24:12 UTC 2015

On 07/20/2015 07:02 AM, Email wrote:
> Hi Rich, thanks for the reply.  Here is the link I  working with
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/FreeIPA_Guide/active-directory-trust.html
>

> I'm looking at both options, the cross forest trust and winsync.  For
> my project FreeIPA needs to be authoritative wherever possible.  Users
> need one domain account that works on Linux and Windows.  Why would
> trusts be a better solution that winsync?  Thanks for your help.

Please keep replies on-list.

In general, any time you don't have to copy information around, and
ensure that it is in sync, and remains in sync, that is a better
solution.  Trusts does not copy/sync information, so in general it is
preferred.

In your case, it seems that you want FreeIPA to be the authoritative
source of information?  And you want to create new users/groups in
FreeIPA, and use that information in the AD/Windows environment?  Is
that correct?