[Freeipa-users] FreeRadius Authentications (mschapv2)

William Graboyes wgraboyes at cenic.org
Tue Jul 21 20:28:40 UTC 2015

Hi Alexander, List,

I followed the steps on that blog post, however I am unable to
retrieve the ipaNTHash attribute either as that service account, nor
as the admin.

Am I missing something?

ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI uid=admin ipaNTHash
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
SASL username: radius/edurad2.foo.bar at FOO.BAR
SASL SSF: 56
SASL data security layer installed.
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=foo,dc=bar> (default) with scope subtree
# filter: uid=admin
# requesting: ipaNTHash
#

# admin, users, compat, foo.bar
dn: uid=admin,cn=users,cn=compat,dc=foo,dc=bar

# admin, users, accounts, foo.bar
dn: uid=admin,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=foo,dc=bar

# search result
search: 4
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 3
# numEntries: 2

ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI uid=admin ipaNTHash
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
SASL username: admin at FOO.BAR
SASL SSF: 56
SASL data security layer installed.
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=foo,dc=bar> (default) with scope subtree
# filter: uid=admin
# requesting: ipaNTHash
#

# admin, users, compat, foo.bar
dn: uid=admin,cn=users,cn=compat,dc=foo,dc=bar

# admin, users, accounts, foo.bar
dn: uid=admin,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=foo,dc=bar

# search result
search: 4
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 3