[Freeipa-users] login delay with sssd

Ivars Strazdiņš ivars.strazdins at sets.lv
Mon Jun 1 14:42:53 UTC 2015

Hi,
how could I possibly trace why there is a noticeable delay when logging into sssd enabled server?
With ssh there is a 2-3 second delay before users logs in. But most users notice this with webmail, which uses dovecot->pam->sssd as authentication backend.
Environment is Centos 7.1 and FreeIPA 4.1.0 servers, two redundant.
Client also running Centos 7.1 with sssd.
Installation as per IPA handbook. DNS is proper (or so I think :) ).
Nothing special in logs that I could attribute to this problem except maybe that for each successful login there is a pam_unix failure entry in /var/log/secure log like:
Jun  1 17:38:36 mail auth: pam_unix(dovecot:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=dovecot ruser=user1 at company.com rhost=::1  user=user1 at company.com
Jun  1 17:38:37 mail auth: pam_sss(dovecot:auth): authentication success; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=dovecot ruser=user1 at company.com rhost=::1 user=user1 at company.com

But when user is logged in, “id” command result is instantaneous.
All machines have selinux enabled, of course.

Thanks in advance,
Ivars

sssd.conf file from client:

[domain/company.com]