[Freeipa-users] Fw: ssh problem with migrated FreeIPA client on EL7.1 -->Not Solved

Christopher Lamb christopher.lamb at ch.ibm.com
Tue Jun 2 07:43:48 UTC 2015

Hi Jakub

The same user / password works with all our FreeIPA hosts - just this one
box is the problem. So the password should be good. Of course a type is
always possible (especially for strong passwords), but I have tried many
times which should eliminate the odd password typo. The user / password
should also be good for both the old and the new FreeIPA Server.

As I can neither log in direct, or via ssh to this box with my FreeIPA
user, I assume Kinit with my user won't work- i will try later in the day.

My working assumption is that the problem is related in some way to the
fact the host originally was a FreeIPA 3.3.3 client, updated to FreeIPA
4.1, and switched between 2 FreeIPA servers. I am currently setting up 2
throwaway EL 7.1 VMs to better test this. On one I will first install
3.3.3, then upgrade to 4.1. The second will have a direct install of 4.1
client.

Cheers

Chris