[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA, Netgroup and access.conf

Yves Degauquier yves at degauquier.net
Tue Jun 2 09:11:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a FreeIPA server in place with netgroup in order to limit access
to some users only to some hosts (by environment).

It works fine on AIX clients.

But now I try to do the same with Linux.

I register the client in the server, without any problem, all users from
FreeIPA can login in the Linux boxes.

I activate now pam_access and configure the /etc/security/access.conf to
allow local root user and users from netgroup.

But my users in the netgroup can't login... If in place of the netgroup
I put the name of the users, the users defined can login...

But this is not anymore a centally managed user...

Any idea of what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yves