[Freeipa-users] LDAP authentication for JIRA using FreeIPA

Sandor Juhasz sjuhasz at chemaxon.com
Wed Jun 10 12:19:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

i tried many linear combinations of setup options when i tied our JIRA to ldap.
First it was tied to openldap with user auth only.
Once we started to use IPA, i changed. Using the base config of FedoraDS
was chosen becuase IPA is based on it as well. We don't want any of our
service actively modifying ldap, so read-only posix schema was the choice.

As for group matching. Accounts tree will not work, don't know why, it
just did not work for us. Use compat tree, it is there for these occasions.

On the membership schem settings:
Group member attribute: memberUid
User membership attribute: memberOf
Use the user membership attribute: no tick

For this setup you need a service user, because memberUid attributes of users
are not visible for a single user in the ldap schema - don't remember why.
We needed that for user filter as well, so we have chosen to use it this way.

Sándor Juhász
System Administrator
ChemAxon Ltd .
Building Hx, GraphiSoft Park, Záhony utca 7, Budapest, Hungary, H-1031
Cell: +36704258964