[Freeipa-users] stickybits and freeipa

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Mon Jun 15 13:34:41 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-06-14 at 20:53 +0200, richard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are about to implement freeipa in our environment.
> During some test so have we discovered problems when we are trying to
> run scripts with the suid bit set.
> It looks like the system is trying to authenticate the suid user against
> freeipa, but since suid user doesnt have a valid ticket, so will the
> script not run.
> I would need some help to get around this problem.
>
> Is it possible to configure a keytab for the suid user so that this user
> always have a valid ticket?

Hi Richard,
it is unclear to me what problem you are having.

Can you provide some log or output you receive when running commands
that do not work as you expect ?

The kernel doesn't really care (nor try) to authenticate users when the
suid bit is set, so there must be some other component involved that is
causing you trouble.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York