[Freeipa-users] direct ldap connect from dovecot

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Jun 15 17:20:32 UTC 2015

Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to connect direct to the ldap from a program like dovecot?
>
> I have big "auth" problems with my setup?
>
> with cn=admin,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=xxxx,dc=xxxxx
> and password from admin this is not working
>
> I don't know the 386 server :-(, in the moment I have to learn much more ;-).
>
> When any can help, Thank you

First, have you looked at http://www.freeipa.org/page/Dovecot_Integration ?

If you've still having problems, a lot more information is necessary,
like what does your dovecot configuration look like? What errors are you
getting? What does the 389-ds access log say about the searches being
done, etc.

rob