[Freeipa-users] Migration error?

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 03:07:36 UTC 2015

On 6/15/15 1:12 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Janelle wrote:
>> On 6/15/15 6:36 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>>>
>>> Usually means there is a replication conflict entry. You may be able
>>> to get more details on what failed by looking at the LDAP access log
>>> of both LDAP servers, though I guess I'd expect this happened locally
>>> on the IPA box.

Hi again,

I have been trying to follow this procedure for replication conflicts
regarding "nsds5ReplConflict", where I had the two account duplicates,
but no matter what, I still get:

modifying rdn of entry
"nsuniqueid=ffc68a41-86e71c6-71714816-fcf248a0+uid=janelle,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com"
ldap_rename: Constraint violation
     additional info: Another entry with the same attribute value
already exists (attribute: "uid")

When I am trying to run the modrdn (ldapmodify) command?  Which simply
refuses to work. I have been at it for over a week now with no luck.  I
think this is the last of my issues causing my replication problems.
What caused this is that I do have multiple helpdesk personnel that had
been updating user accounts. This process has been resolved, but we
can't seem to remove the last few duplicates.

Any suggestions? Is there a missing step in conflict resolution perhaps?

~J