[Freeipa-users] Firefox issue with web ui certificate

Prashant Bapat prashant at apigee.com
Wed Jun 17 07:10:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have gotten into a strange situation. I'm running FreeIPA for 2 different
environments, dev/production. By mistake, the domain for both are
configured same. Say EXAMPLE.COM.

Now the problem users are facing when using the web UI using Firefox. It
complains that the "secure connection failed" and "(Error code:
sec_error_reused_issuer_and_serial)".

This I understand is happening because the certificate authority for both
my environments is under the same name.

Users can only access 1 environment. The other environment will throw this
error.

This happens only with Firefox. Chrome and Safari work fine.

What are my options to fix this ?

Thanks.
--Prashant