[Freeipa-users] replication conflicts

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 12:16:20 UTC 2015

On 06/17/2015 01:38 PM, Alexander Frolushkin wrote:

> Ok, I'll try this soon, thank you!
>
> Also, please note, most of today dups appeared when 4 of 19 servers
> was very busy in IO (all our servers are VMs), because dirsrv debug
> was enabled to gather logs for our case about
>
> attrlist_replace - attr_replace (nsslapd-referral,
> ldap://xxx-rhidm0x.unix.megafon.ru:389/o%3Dipaca) failed.

This message comes if you have duplicated ReplicaID. 'list-ruv' would
show you a same url appearing several times with different RID.

To be back on the original problem (dup), I wonder if it is not related
to cleanruv/corrupted RUV.

A new replica26 is created and is initialized from a master and it does
not contain entry 555ac936000000140000. That allows the creation of
5580f3210000001a0000.
Then replica10 sends 555ac936000000140000 to replica26. That means that
changelog/ruv of replica10 contained that update, so either
cleanallruv20 did not happen on replica10 or fail to clean its CL.

Replica10 has a very old update that was not known from the master used
to init replica26.
Was replica10 restarted recently.

thanks
theirry