[Freeipa-users] OTP - Google Authenticator - iPhone - Invalid barcode

Prashant Bapat prashant at apigee.com
Wed Jun 17 17:15:11 UTC 2015

Hi Nathaniel,

I think your patch should work. Please give me a day to test and confirm.

However, I changed this section in otptoken.py:

        StrEnum('ipatokenotpalgorithm?',
            cli_name='algo',
            label=_('Algorithm'),
            doc=_('Token hash algorithm'),
            default=u'sha1',
            autofill=True,
            flags=('no_update'),
            values=(u'sha1', u'sha256', u'sha384', u'sha512'),
        )

        StrEnum('ipatokenotpalgorithm?',
            cli_name='algo',
            label=_('Algorithm'),
            doc=_('Token hash algorithm'),
            default=*u'SHA1',*
            autofill=True,
            flags=('no_update'),
            values=*(u'SHA1', u'SHA256', u'SHA384', u'SHA512')*,
        )

And the Google Authenticator installed on a iPhone was able to scan the QR
code and work as expected.

Thanks for looking into this.

Regards.
--Prashant