[Freeipa-users] Installing replica w/o CA?

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 21:20:55 UTC 2015

Maybe this is an obvious question - but I am missign the simple answer.
If you create a master and want to create 3 replicas -- creating the
first replica works just fine, but I want the 2nd replica chained off
the first, and NOT the master. But unless you install a CA on that first
replica, you get an error.

1. install master
2. ipa-replica-prepare -- rep001 -- copy file to rep001
3. ipa-replica-install on rep001
4. ipa-replica-prepare rep002 --- does not work saying you can only
create replica from "master"?

~J