[Freeipa-users] Installing replica w/o CA?

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Fri Jun 19 21:44:25 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-06-19 at 14:20 -0700, Janelle wrote:
> Maybe this is an obvious question - but I am missign the simple answer.
> If you create a master and want to create 3 replicas -- creating the
> first replica works just fine, but I want the 2nd replica chained off
> the first, and NOT the master. But unless you install a CA on that first
> replica, you get an error.
>
> 1. install master
> 2. ipa-replica-prepare -- rep001 -- copy file to rep001
> 3. ipa-replica-install on rep001
> 4. ipa-replica-prepare rep002 --- does not work saying you can only
> create replica from "master"?

For now you can create replica files only on servers that have the CA,
we may lift this restriction in future once we complete the replica
promotion feature.

Keep in mind that you can change replication topology after the install,
so you do not have to keep the 3rd replica agreements with the first
after you create agreements that connect the third to the second.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York