[Freeipa-users] Antwort: clean-run doesn't work

Tamas Papp tompos at martos.bme.hu
Mon Jun 22 08:22:08 UTC 2015

On 06/19/2015 11:12 AM, Christoph Kaminski wrote:

> for this problem you can see the thread "Haunted servers?" here on ml.
> There is a solution from me for this but it doesnt work 100% :/

I would rather rerun the replication.

> we have a Ticket @Red Hat for this problem,
> (https://access.redhat.com/support/cases/#/case/01429034if you have rh
> support)
> But is really sad/silly how RH support works (read the whole ticket).

Unfortunately I don't have access there.

In fact we have a bigger issue here, but I don't know, if it's related.

The whole story is the following:

I migrated (ipa migrate-ds) about 150 users between two ldap databases.
Old one was v3.0 (centos 6.6), the new one is v4.1 (centos 7.1).
After migrating users I switched off old servers and replaced centos 6.6
machines with centos 7.1. Than replica servers was installed. One
replicas had to be reinstalled one time, because the replica process was
hanged up for some reason.
Now two servers (not the reinstalled one, but the original master and
one other) crash quite frequently with sigsegv. It's like something is
leaking.

I tuned the the nsslapd-cachememsize value of the following config entries:

dn: cn=changelog,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config
dn: cn=config, cn=ldbm database, cn=plugins, cn=config
dn: cn=userRoot,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config

It helped a lot, but not enough.

I had seen this before years ago, when I started using ipa. It was on
Fedora and the bleeding edge Freeipa version. At that time I switched to
CentOS because I trusted more in the well tested enterprise distribution.
But now it's not an option:)

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
tamas