[Freeipa-users] Migrate from 3.0 (CentOS 6.6) to 4.1 (CentOS 7.1)

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Jun 22 13:54:46 UTC 2015

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/upgrading.html

> Some other question is that my hostnames are now like ipa-01 and
> ipa-02 where I make one replica ipa-01-1 and finally go from there.
>
> But what is the best way to set my hostnames back to ipa-01 from
> ipa-01-1 (and maybe ipa-02-1) ?
>
> I hope for some good suggestions.

You can't change a hostname in IPA. You'd need to create ipa-01-1 and
ipa-02-1, confirm that they are working ok, delete ipa-01 and ipa-02,
then re-create those as new replicas, connect them, then delete the -1
versions. It is a lot of trouble to go through to preserve a hostname.

Things to consider:
- maintaining a CA throughout
- consider DNA ranges
- ensure that RUVs are properly cleaned up

rob