[Freeipa-users] blank user screen? (web UI)

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:15:57 UTC 2015

On 6/22/15 5:15 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
> On 06/21/2015 08:35 AM, Janelle wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sure. Just login as a normal user to the WEB UI. screen is blank:
>>
>> Of course, if you click on Actions - you will see those and you can
>> click on
>> them, but you can't do anything else. This is a vanilla server
>> install, nothing
>> fancy. Oh and there is no error message at all. Any browser = same
>> results.
>>
>> Tried clearing cache, history, web data.. Everything. Many of my
>> users report
>> the same thing.  This is 7.1 with IPA 4.1.7
>>
>> Now the funny part - login as "admin" and everything works fine. But
>> I certainly
>> can't have everyone logging in as admin. :-)
>>
>> ~Janelle
>
> Do you see any error in browser console?
>
> Does this happen also to a user which doesn't have any RBAC role
> assigned(either directly or indrectly)?
AHA -- perhaps a clue:

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of
401 (Unauthorized) (json, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of
401 (Unauthorized) (login_kerberos, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of
404 (Not Found) (jquery-2.0.3.min.map, line 0)

~J