[Freeipa-users] blank user screen? (web UI)

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 16:39:36 UTC 2015

On 6/22/15 9:25 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
> On 06/22/2015 04:15 PM, Janelle wrote:

>>> Do you see any error in browser console?
>>>
>>> Does this happen also to a user which doesn't have any RBAC role
>>> assigned(either directly or indrectly)?
>> AHA -- perhaps a clue:
>>
>> [Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of
>> 401 (Unauthorized) (json, line 0)
>> [Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of
>> 401 (Unauthorized) (login_kerberos, line 0)
>> [Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of
>> 404 (Not Found) (jquery-2.0.3.min.map, line 0)
>>
>> ~J
>
> These errors are expected. First two happens when user is not yet
> authenticated. Third line is just about file for jquery debugging
> which is not shipped with ipa.
>
> Could you inspect other json request? Mainly the 3 which are executed
> on navigating to user details page (or after clicking on "refresh"
> button on the page). Does the first result of first request (of the
> three) contain user data as in
> <https://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/images/user_response_data.png>
>
> I'm unable to reproduce the issue with
> ipa-server-4.1.0-18.el7_1.3.x86_64.
>
> Do these users have some special permissions/roles/rights?
The user I did the same from is a User Administrator, however, all the
other users are NOT.  And if you watch closely, all the details do flash
the screen, but then disappear. Refresh does nothing.  The one thing -
it works flawlessly for "admin" account.

versions (I believe in the newest -- perhaps a bad idea)

freeipa-client-4.1.4-1.el7.centos.x86_64
freeipa-server-4.1.4-1.el7.centos.x86_64
freeipa-python-4.1.4-1.el7.centos.x86_64

on a user screen after login -  :