[Freeipa-users] hesitate to deploy freeipa

Prasun Gera prasun.gera at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 17:10:21 UTC 2015

> More importantly, ipa-client-install is just a thin configuration tool. If
> ipa-client-install is not available on your platform you can configure
> everything manually and it will work (as long as the client is
> standard-compliant).
>
> I.e. the client side is *in the worst case* (without ipa-client-install)
> equally hard to setup as for any home-made solution.

Yes, on Ubuntu 12.04, the issue is probably more related to the script than
the underlying packages, which I upgraded from their respective ppas. The
most complete documentation for getting ipa running, ironically, comes from
this bug report
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/freeipa/+bug/1280215 which is
marked as won't fix. (This affects 12.04 btw which is lts).

On FreeNAS, it has to do with Hiemdal v/s MIT kerberos.
https://bugs.pcbsd.org/issues/2147