[Freeipa-users] Kerberos principal add / create

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Sat Jun 27 13:42:14 UTC 2015

On 06/21/2015 08:47 AM, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a long way to found out the way to read from IPA the EMail addresses
> :-(
>
> Now the way is read direct from the 386 server. sssd don't found more the one
> address.
>
> OK.
>
> I found a readme that tell me to create a "special User"
>
> # dovecota, sysaccounts, etc, 4gjn.prv
> dn: uid=dovecota,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=xxxx,dc=xxxx
> objectClass: account
> objectClass: simplesecurityobject
> objectClass: top
> uid: dovecota
> userPassword:: e1NTSEF9TWlKY0FWZkxTd3ZkS2dUZ0xyamV3bUJJbm9TLzRORTlwdU14c1E9PQ=
>

> with this user now I can read passwd, uid, mail ,,,,
>
> but the question is, is it possible to add a kerberos principal to this user
> with IPA ?
>
> thanks for a answer,

I am sorry we are a bit confused by your message.
What are you trying to accomplish?
SSSD can read extra attributes per account and expose it over D-BUS for
the applications. But I am not sure this is what you are looking for.
Can you please describe the problem you are trying to solve?

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Director of Engineering for IdM portfolio
Red Hat, Inc.