[Freeipa-users] freeipa sudden stop

David Kupka dkupka at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 05:34:58 UTC 2015

On 30/06/15 05:17, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> Every once in a week suddenly IPA service would failed and only
> realized when zimbra that using authentication with it failed during
> user log in.
>
> So I had to type in below commands one by one each time this happened.
>
> systemctl start dirsrv at DOMAIN-COM.service
> systemctl start krb5kdc.service
> systemctl start kadmin.service
> systemctl start ipa_memcached.service
> systemctl start httpd.service
>
> # cat /etc/redhat-release
> Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow)
>
> # rpm -qa | grep freeipa
> freeipa-admintools-3.1.0-2.fc18.x86_64
> freeipa-server-3.1.0-2.fc18.x86_64
> freeipa-client-3.1.0-2.fc18.x86_64
> freeipa-server-selinux-3.1.0-2.fc18.x86_64
> freeipa-python-3.1.0-2.fc18.x86_64
>
> I was told this this IPA server is a master IPA.
>
> I could not find crash log in /var/log/messages other then when I
> failed to start certain services or "service ipa start"
>
> Any idea where I should exactly be looking in to?
>
> Log messages attached.

Hello!
The issue seems quite annoying. Could you please provide more info?
Do you have one freeipa master or more replicas?
If not do you experience this issue only on one of them?

According to the logs it looks like starting of pki-tomcatd fails and
therefore "ipactl start" fails.

Could you run "# ipactl start -d" and post its output?

Also starting individual services is not a good idea as you can forget
to start some (you actually did :-)

--
David Kupka