[Freeipa-users] keytab issue with service principal

sipazzo sipazzo at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 30 18:44:21 UTC 2015

I am trying to troubleshoot kerberos authentication for an oracle service (oracledb) and getting the following error when testing the service keytab on the database server (oracledbsrvr):
oracle at oracledbsrvr ~]# kinit -kt /opt/oracle/admin/oracledb.keytab -S oracledb/oracledbsrvr.example.com
kinit: Keytab contains no suitable keys for host/oracledbsrvr.example.com at EXAMPLE.COM while getting initial credentials

When I use a client program like sqlplus on the database server connecting as a freeipa user with valid kerberos ticket it appears to work fine though. I cannot get it working from a remote client however.  Is this error a red herring or should I be concerned about this? kvno and klist show same number.