[Freeipa-users] Host aliases in freeipa

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 4 15:29:34 UTC 2015

>> 4) I'm not sure about this one. Things seem to work at the moment. Is
>> this again about managing the records more easily when we bring on line
>> replica servers?
>
> It is only about ease of use indeed, if you manage your servers
> manually, and keep them properly up to date, all should be fine.

Simo

Can you clarify really what freeipa is doing with the DNS please.

Is it just about maintaining the SRV records for the server replicas,
assuming we have our hosts already in an external (to freeipa) DNS?

Does it change the priority in the SRV records as replicas come and go?

Is there more to it than this?

Thanks

Roderick