[Freeipa-users] Web UI Authentication errors - revisited

Dan Mossor danofsatx at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 01:38:24 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:21 PM, Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com> wrote:

> http://i.imgur.com/mhX86Ng.png
>
> It should show up if you do not have a ticket. Destroy the ticket on the
> client and try  to access the server via browser, you should be redirected.
>
> --
> Thank you,
> Dmitri Pal
>
> Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio
> Red Hat, Inc.
>
>  Ok then, that is the page that keeps returning. I've tried from this
workstation using Konquerer, which does not support Kerberos, I've from
from Internet Explorer on a Windows 7 Professional desktop, and I've tried
from a Fedora 21 system that is not enrolled in the domain. I get the exact
same response with every attempt.

One additional step I attempted to take was to change the admin password on
the IPA server. I am getting a ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown
authentication method (-6) error back.

I think this installation is hosed. I am ready to wipe and start over from
scratch tomorrow. I've already wasted 16 hours on it.

Dan