[Freeipa-users] Problem FreeIPA 4.1.3 for vCenter 5.5u2b SSO

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 08:37:39 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 03/06/2015 04:38 AM, Herwono W Wijaya wrote:
>
>> Problems with FreeIPA 4.1.3 for vCenter 5.5u2b SSO, only the admin user
>> can be
>> used and always get an error for other users.
>>

> You mean admin user from vCenter, not admin user from FreeIPA, right?
>
> Did you follow this HOWTO:
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/HowTo/vsphere5_integration
>
> Note that the vSphere integration topic is being discussed this week,
> CCing also Gialunca (author of the HOWTO), he may have some ideas where the
> problem is too.
>
> Martin

The logs that let us know the kind of queries generated b vSPhere are in
/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-REALM-NAME/
(at least for 3.3.3)

Also, searching through my e-mails I found one direct contact using vSphere
5.5 and that was doing some tests with VMware support connected to his
systems.
It seems they found out that it almost all worked correctly when using
accounts instead of compat BUT
you can't log in.

An action was the to add objectclass=groupOfUniqueNames to a single test
group and they were able to login

I asked more information about his setup if still in place and to
eventually share with others.

Stay tuned...

Gianluca