[Freeipa-users] subjectAlternitiveName for webservice

Matt . yamakasi.014 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 13:25:57 UTC 2015

Hi Martin,

Thanks, I saw that ticket but didn't got to the wiki part yet.

What I wonder in Step 6:

6. Request a signed certificate for the service and see the entry in
Certmonger. In case you created a NSS database with a PIN (see the
step 3.), use -P $PIN or -p /etc/httpd/nssdb/pwdfile.txt option to
tell certmonger about it: # ipa-getcert request -d /etc/httpd/nssdb -n
Server-Cert -K HTTP/`hostname` -N CN=`hostname`,O=EXAMPLE.COM -g 2048
-p /etc/httpd/nssdb/pwdfile.txt

SAN names: in FreeIPA 4.0 and later, you can add optional SAN DNS
names to your request with -D. Note that you need to first create
respective host or service objects and configure that given host can
manage them with service-add-host or host-add-managedby command. These
objects are being verified when FreeIPA cert-req command authorizes
the SAN names.

Can I just add the alt names in that command, how should I proceed ? I
added the host like

ldap.domain... where my ldap servers are ldap-01 and ldap-02

Thanks!

Matt