[Freeipa-users] subjectAlternitiveName for webservice

Matt . yamakasi.014 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 14:39:10 UTC 2015

I have 2 IPA servers where I kinit to and post to the api using curl/json.

As I need redundancy and don't want to have it script managed, but one
central point where I can tal to I use a loadbalancer.

As I connect to the loadbalancer using DNAT, so the client IP is known
on the IPA server because this is needed for the http service
principals I need to add the loadbalancer hostname to my IPA server
and make it as an ALT name to it's Certificate.

As the users are the same on both servers I would asume i can use a
keytab for a user against both servers from my clients.

Does this make it more clear ?