[Freeipa-users] solaris to free IPA user issue

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 08:55:55 UTC 2015

On 03/15/2015 09:31 AM, Ben .T.George wrote:
> HI
>
> i am using free ipa 4.1.2 on centos 7.
>
> from root user, i can able to switch to IPA user : "su ben"
>
> but from any other user if i try that, it's asking for password. if i gave
> the correct passord also, its not accepting .This is what i am getting
>
> bash-3.2$ su jude
> Password:
> su: Sorry
>
> and on log :
>
> Mar 15 11:21:05 kwtpocpbis02.solaris.local su: [ID 810491 auth.crit] 'su
> jude' failed for root on /dev/pts/1
>

> please help me to fic this issue..

It looks like getting the identity for those users work, while authentication
does not. I think people here would need more information how to help with it,
e.g. how did you set the FreeIPA integration up, given Solaris does not have
standard ipa-client-install.

I cannot advise myself as I am not experienced with Solaris, but I know there
are several active users here on this list who are.