[Freeipa-users] DNS forwarders

Martin Basti mbasti at redhat.com
Tue Mar 17 13:06:12 UTC 2015

On 17/03/15 13:32, Roberto Cornacchia wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've just installed freeIPA on a FC21 server and trying to perform
> some sanity checks.
>
> A first puzzle for me is: I have some DNS forwarders, which I selected
> during installation.
> They do work and they do appear in /etc/named.conf
>
>       forward first;
>         forwarders {
> 217.21.244.7;
> 217.21.244.66;
> 8.8.8.8;
> 8.8.4.4;
>         };
>
> However, I don't see them as DNS forwarders in IPA? Should I see them?
>
> Roberto

Hello,

if you want to see them in IPA, you must add those forwarders with IPA
command

ipa dnsconfig-mod --forwarder=8.8.4.4 --forwarder=8.8.8.8 ...
or using webUI

This setting will override configuration of forwarders in named.conf.

I don't know if there are some historical reasons to configure
forwarders only in named.conf during installation, do you know Petr?

--
Martin Basti