[Freeipa-users] pki-tomcatd stopped responding? Won't restart?

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Tue Mar 17 16:06:56 UTC 2015

On 03/17/2015 04:35 PM, Janelle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a server - a master (has CA) - and it does not want to restart after it
> has been running sometime. pki-tomcatd keeps failing. It starts up with these
> errors, then adds a lot more. Maybe this might point you to something that is
> know or a place I can start looking?
>
> Any ideas?
> ~J
>
> Mar 17, 2015 8:21:03 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
> WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property
> 'enableOCSP' to 'false' did not find a matching property.
>
> Mar 17, 2015 8:21:03 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
> WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property
> 'ocspResponderURL' to 'http://ipa-server.example.com:9080/ca/ocsp' did not find
> a matching property.
>
> Mar 17, 2015 8:21:03 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
> WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property
> 'ocspResponderCertNickname' to 'ocspSigningCert cert-pki-ca' did not find a
> matching property.
>
> Mar 17, 2015 8:21:03 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
> WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property
> 'ocspCacheSize' to '1000' did not find a matching property.
>
> Mar 17, 2015 8:21:03 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
> WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property
> 'ocspMinCacheEntryDuration' to '60' did not find a matching property.
>
> Mar 17, 2015 8:21:03 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
> WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property
> 'ocspMaxCacheEntryDuration' to '120' did not find a matching property.
>
> Mar 17, 2015 8:21:03 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
> WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property
> 'ocspTimeout' to '10' did not find a matching property.
>
> Mar 17, 2015 8:21:03 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
> WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property
> 'strictCiphers' to 'true' did not find a matching property.
> Mar 17, 2015 8:21:03 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
>
> WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property
> 'sslOptions' to 'ssl2=true,ssl3=true,tls=true' did not find a matching property.

CCing folks from Dogtag team to know about this issue. However, I think you
will need to provide more information before we continue with issues - like
version of FreeIPA, pki-ca packages, what system you are running it on
(Fedora/RHEL/CentOS/...) and maybe whole logs pasted somewhere (system and
catalina.out logs are usually most interesting ones).