[Freeipa-users] Problems with ssh and install-uninstall-install sequence on the server

Prasun Gera prasun.gera at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 18:54:13 UTC 2015

Sorry, the message got sent accidentally earlier before I could provide all
the details.

Version: 4.1.0 on RHEL 7.1 x86_64

Steps:
1. ipa-server-install
2. service sshd restart
3. kinit admin                              <- This always works
4. ssh admin at localhost             <- This works for the first time, fails
second time onwards
    ssh admin at host_addr from external system      <- This also works the
first time, fails second time onwards

5. ipa-server-install --uninstall
6. go to 1

The log messages in /var/log/messages point to [sssd[krb5_child[21029]]]:
Decrypt integrity check failed at the point of the authentication failure
sssd's log's have a lot of "No matching domain found for user" messages.
/var/log/krb5kdc.log has a lot of error decoding FAST: <unknown client> for
<unknown server>, Decrypt integrity check failed while handling ap-request
armor

The only ERROR I can see in /var/log/ipaserver-uninstall.log is
pkidestroy  : ERROR    ....... subprocess.CalledProcessError:  Command
'['/usr/bin/sslget', '-n', 'subsystemCert cert-pki-ca', ......returned
non-zero exit status 6!

It appears that the uninstall process is leaving some residual
configuration behind which is conflicting with the subsequent installation
with the same domain name

Regards,
Prasun