[Freeipa-users] Really slow logins with AD SID Mapping vs. POSIX

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 08:18:58 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 05:29:39PM -0400, Gould, Joshua wrote:
> Thank you!

You're welcome, please try these builds:
https://jhrozek.fedorapeople.org/sssd-test-builds/sssd-7.1-gr-request/

But please note that when POSIX attributes are requested, the lookups
will /always/ be slower. With ID mapping, we can do just a single
base-scoped lookup to retrieve the multi-valued tokenGroups attribute
and map the SIDs to IDs. With POSIX attributes, we must simply go to the
server for each group and look up the GID..