[Freeipa-users] Minimum rights to enrol a client

David Kupka dkupka at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 08:37:11 UTC 2015

On 03/20/2015 09:16 AM, Andrew Holway wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to find our what the minimum role would be to allow a user to join
> a new client to freeipa.
>
> Currently our enrol command looks like:
> ipa-client-install --force-join --enable-dns-updates -U -p admin -w
> xxxxxxxx:
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew

Hello!

AFAIK there is 'Host Enrollment' privilege created during IPA server
installation. You need to create new role and add this privilege to the
newly created role.
The role can then be assigned to any user or group. User with this
privilege have enough permissions to enroll a host to IPA domain.

--
David Kupka