[Freeipa-users] Password entry through Trust not correct

McEvoy, James james.mcevoy at hp.com
Sat Mar 21 00:56:11 UTC 2015

When I look at the password entries for my rfc2307 account in Active directory I get three different answers.
The only correct one is on a server where I used sssd to join AD directly ( the last one ).  Do I need to configure
rfc2307?  When I configured the server to join AD directly I use the option --enablerfc2307bis when I run authconfig.

from a freeipa client:
$ getent passwd jemcevoy at ENAS.NET
jemcevoy at enas.net:*:10001:10004::/home/enas.net/jemcevoy:

from the ipa server:
[root at ipa ~]# getent passwd jemcevoy at ENAS.NET
jemcevoy at enas.net:*:10001:10004:James McEvoy:/home/enas.net/jemcevoy:/bin/bash

from a server that joined AD directly using sssd:
$ getent passwd jemcevoy at ENAS.NET
jemcevoy:*:10001:10004:James McEvoy:/home/jemcevoy:/bin/bash